Sunday, February 24, 2008

Candles and Coldplay

Last night Jim and Drew made a special Valentines dinner for Jenna and I. We dropped the kiddos at Drew's mom's house and then headed out for some shopping while the men fixed us dinner at our house. We arrived home to find candles lining the walkway as we walked in, complete with a candlelight dinner, the table was beautifully arrayed with flowers and carnation heart candies. No detail was left unturned, shrimp cocktail appetizer, ceazer salad and filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and grilled roasted vegtables for dinner. Oh and delicious flourless chocolate torte with vanilla ice cream for dessert. They were so sweet in praying for us and telling us how much they appreciated us. It was a very memorable night. I couldn't believe all the effort they went through for us. And even still as I am thinking about it I am just smiling and thinking.... WOW! God has truly blessed me with an amazing, thoughtful, compassionate and loving husband. This is what we came home to....





2 comments:

Ginger said...

aw-that is so sweet! You gals are blessed! I love seeing all the guys touches. I bet they loved doing that for you both--tell Jim good job for me. talk to you soon!
love you

sarah said...

That is so awesome!! Good job guys! What a great memory!